Friday, August 23, 2013

Shhh... don't tell

Shhh...!

I have a confession but it is just between us. It could get me into a bit of trouble… come a bit closer so no one can overhear.

So here it is… sometimes I’m thinking about writing when I should be thinking about something else. Shhh… don’t tell anyone.

I know it is bad. I feel guilty, really I do. But when my mind wants to think about stories I can’t stop it.

Here is an example. Yesterday I was in a meeting and I was paying attention. Honest, guv. When suddenly I realised that I’d spaced out for a small amount of time and was thinking about why my heroine was acting like such a brat. Shocking. I told myself off and concentrated hard on the meeting but ten minutes later I had a brainwave about her actions which came into my brain on the back of a thought about risk management.

Bad brain!

You see my issue. It isn’t my fault. It is my brain. It isn’t wired quite the same way.

Remember it is on the QT. Shhh… don’t tell anyone.

2 comments:

  1. I do this all the time :-) I've just become skilled at making it look, on the outside at least, as though I'm fully paying attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it's like when I used to sneak-read Georgette Heyer books in class at school, hiding them under my desk :-) I won't tell anyone, I promise!

    ReplyDelete