Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Liebster Award


We Heroine Addicts were very happy this week to learn that the five lovely writers of Novel Points of View had given us the Liebster Award.

On looking up the Liebster Award and its affectionate journey around the blogosphere, I found a few varying takes on what the rules for it actually were, but everyone seems to agree on its purpose: it's given to a blog you enjoy and admire, and one you think deserves more recognition. So thank you, Gwen, Gill, Jenny, Mary and Linda, for making us feel very Loved and Appreciated!

When you receive a Liebster Award, you're supposed to list five random facts about yourself, but since there are actually six of us Addicts we're going to follow the lead of our friends at Novel Points of View and fudge the rules a bit by each listing one random fact:

Anna: I once played Grumpy in a school production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. In French.

Brigid: I can raise my left eyebrow independently. Like a female Sean Connery 'The name's Coady. Brigid Coady.'

Christina: I was once a Hell's Angel (or rather the girlfriend of one) but I wasn't much of a hellraiser!

Julie: I can touch my nose with my tongue.

Susanna: I was seriously into Taekwondo when I lived in Korea as a teenager, and I have a first-degree black belt.

Now, we weren't able to track Liz down in time for this post, she's been so busy, but we all agree she has the Best Fact of All, so we're going to share it for her: She has just been shortlisted for the Joan Hessayon New Writers' Award for The Cornish House! (Yay!)

So that's us.

Now, as with all good things given, we are bound by the rules of the Liebster Award to pass it on to someone else. Well, actually we're supposed to pass it on to a few others, but again we're going to fudge the rules and pass it on to one blogger we all love: Sarah Duncan.

If you haven't ever read her blog, you really ought to.

Which blogs do you love the best? Do share.

And come back Thursday, to find out what Julie's up to.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a big thank you to the ladies at "Novel Points of View" for passing the award on to us! There are so many lovely blogs (and too little time in which to read them all!), but Sarah's is definitely a great one!

    ReplyDelete