Sunday, June 2, 2013

What to do, What to do...

I have an unexpected gift heading my way.

A free morning.

You see, while I'm being stay-at-home mum, Husband is working.  And while we're both home, the combination of my control-freakery and his real and reasonable need for rest from work tends to lead to us either doing things together as a family (yes, I still get a kick out of saying that.... *g*) or me doing stuff with Boy while he gets on with jobs.

But next Saturday - oh frabjous day! - Husband is taking Boy to meet with a bunch of mothers and toddlers he knows from work.  And possibly for another run around a castle afterwards.  I've even negotiated with him that he's going to do the pre-organising, packing the changes of clothes, the snacks, the juice....

*bliss*

This means I have a free morning.  At least.

I feel giddy.

(I must interrupt this post to explain that Husband just came in with two mugs of tea, one featuring cows and the other emblazoned with "Very Special Mummy", saying, "I got you this mug to remind you who you really are."  Then promptly set the cow mug down in front of me.... ROFL!)

But what shall I do with it?  I don't want to spend any money, as Husband's car has developed a suspicious leak, and I rather like spending any spare cash on Boy.  I have a list of jobs as long as my arm, but I don't really want to do paperwork or weeding or cleaning.  Do I go rush up a mountain without a dawdler, whiner, or someone on my shoulders, just because I can?

Visit a garden?  Go for a swim without my boobies being someone else's flotation device?  Lie in the sun and eat chocolates?  If it's a rainy day, lie in bed eating chocolates?

What would you do?



5 comments:

  1. Read, eat chocolate and watch my favourite DVD's - although swimming in that river does look very tempting! Whatever you do, enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do something that really cannot be done if you are looking after a little one. [Could be shopping for clothes, uninterrupted sunbathing and reading, could be writing, could be buying something online!]
    Whatever you choose - indulge yourself and enjoy it!

    Caroline Praed

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Caroline said! Enjoy!!!
    lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. For anyone curious, I went for a long walk up a mountain, then threw myself in the river until I didn't feel like I had heat stroke any more... It was WONDERFUL.

    ;-)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete