Sunday, August 29, 2010

Viewpoint

Recently two different things made me think of viewpoint and perception. One was watching the film Vantage Point and then on a walk with my husband when we encountered the scene pictured.

The film shows the assassination of a president from several people's point's of view and I think it is brilliantly done. It is almost like a text book lesson in writing a scene from different pov.

The next day on a walk we came upon the white tent in the middle of nowhere...both of us stopped because it was quite frankly incongruous in the setting. It was not on level ground, but it was properly staked and tied. My mind immediately thought of kids and adventure...while my husband's mind went off in a completely different direction - CIS.

What were your thought upon seeing the picture? What tale did it tell and who told it?

6 comments:

  1. The first thing I saw was the bluebells, which always give me a warm feeling. But as soon as I saw the awning that feeling was chilled dead away, because like your husband I immediately thought, "crime scene."

    Although then I start analysing it, and I'm wondering why everything's gone except the awning, and why the ground doesn't seem disturbed around it, and.... but you get the drift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna -It is a bit of a puzzle - why isn't the ground disturbed? Why isn't there anything else there? How long has it been there? Why?....

    lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's weird - I thought seriously romantic setting for a woodland wedding and then the tent was forgotten afterwards! What could be nicer than standing among the bluebells making your vows? Would be a great idea and having a picnic outdoors afterwards would save on the hire of the church hall or whatever. Hopefully there was a nice clearing nearby to spread the blankets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab thought - a woodland wedding...unfortunately no flat ground in the area :-)

    lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't read any of the other comments before writing my impressions. To me the scene looks mystical and magical - a secret meeting place in the forest. It didn't look like a tent to me - I saw everything on a much smaller scale and it was a table, waiting to be set for a fairyland picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie - how lovely a fairyland pinic. That had truly not crossed my mind!

    lx

    ReplyDelete